LEVEREDGE 2020 MEMBER REWARDS PROGRAM
These Terms and Conditions are for the LeverEdge 2020 Member Rewards Program (“Rewards Program”). By initiating a redemption for a Reward (as described below), you acknowledge and agree to all of the provisions of these Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. Please read these Rewards Program Terms and Conditions carefully. THE REWARDS PROGRAM IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
What is the Rewards Program?
As you know, the mission of LeverEdge (“LeverEdge”, “we” and “our”) is to use group buying power to negotiate with partners to get you better private student loan interest rates. For 2020-2021 academic year, we believe that we have negotiated with multiple partners great rates for private student loans for you and our other members. In the interest of full disclosure, LeverEdge receives a referral fee from most partners for each of our members who we refer to them and who accepts a private student loan. To provide you with a further reduction of your student loan costs, we are offering to give you a portion of our referral fee equal to at least 0.5% of the principal amount of your loan as a reward for being a LeverEdge member (the “Reward”).
Who is eligible for the Rewards Program?
All LeverEdge members who we refer to a partner that pays us a fee and who accepts a private student loan from June 15th, 2020 through May 31, 2021 are eligible for a Reward under this Rewards Program.
How do I claim my Reward?
Once your private student loan has been disbursed to the school you will be attending, simply return to the LeverEdge website at https://leveredge.org/2020rewardsprogram and complete and submit the “Get Your Reward” form.
How will my Reward be paid to me?
Once you’ve claimed your Reward and we have verified that the partner has credited us with a referral fee for your private student loan, we will send you your choice of either a digital check or Amazon gift card in an amount equal to your Reward.
How can I use my Reward?
You can use your redeem Reward, in case of the digital check, whatever you like, or, in the case of an Amazon gift card, whatever Amazon.com allows you to purchase with your Amazon gift card.
Expiration of Rewards
All Rewards will expire if not claimed on or before October 31, 2021.
Modification or Termination of Rewards Program
We reserve the right to alter, change and/or terminate, at any time and for any reason, these Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and/or the Rewards Program, which may result in the cancellation of unredeemed Rewards, upon written (including electronic) notice to you. In addition, we reserve the right to immediately disqualify you from the Program if you have violated these Rewards Program Terms and Conditions or if you have, in our determination, misused the Rewards Program. Violation of these Rewards Program Terms and Conditions or misuse of the Rewards Program may result in forfeiture of unredeemed Rewards.
Other Terms and Conditions
1. THE REWARDS PROGRAM IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
2. All decisions of LeverEdge as to the Rewards Program are final.
4. The Reward may constitute taxable income to you and you are responsible for any tax liability that may arise from receiving a Reward. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of Reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
5. We may waive any obligation you have under these Reward Program Terms and Conditions without losing our right at a later time to enforce that same obligation.
6. We will not lose any of our rights under these Reward Program Terms and Conditions if we delay taking action for any reason. If we take any action not specified in these Reward Program Terms and Conditions, we will not lose any rights under these Terms and Conditions.
7. We and any of our service providers, are not responsible for any disputes between or involving members relating to any Reward, or redemption of any Reward.
8. Once you’ve received your Reward, you hereby release and hold us and the partner, and all parties associated with this Rewards Program harmless from any claim, liability or damage relating to the Rewards Program, including:
a. Any loss, claim, expense or damages you experience in connection with Cash Rewards. If at all, the sole extent of any liability will not exceed the actual value of the Reward.
b. Any claims, expenses and legal fees arising from or related to any violation of the Rewards Program Terms and Conditions by you or anyone using your Card account.
c. Any typographical errors or omissions in any Rewards Program-related document.
d. Delayed or lost correspondence sent by U.S. mail or any other form of delivery, including email.
e. Any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Rewards accrued and redeemed or other Rewards Program activities.
9. All aspects of the Rewards Program are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In states that don’t allow disclaimers of warranties or exclusion of liability, the above limitations may not apply.
10. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ACCEPTING THESE REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND EARNEST ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
11. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, and agree and consent that such courts are the exclusive forum for litigation of any claim or cause of action arising out of or relating to the Rewards Program. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or relating to your use of the Rewards Program must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Service Marks and Trademarks
LeverEdge is a trademark of LeverEdge Association.