VP of Business Development - Growth / Student Loans (Closed)
LeverEdge is building a values-driven, student-first team. Alongside our mission to increase access to and reduce the financial burden of higher education, LeverEdge believes in providing passionate and qualified employees with career-defining opportunities to create an impact in the student community.
Specifically, we are looking for a VP of Business Development to grow our established products (student loan and refinance loan negotiation group products). You will take over the partnerships developed by the co-founders and manage those relationships. These include relationships with lenders and marketing partnerships with non-profit and for-profit organizations. Further, you will work to develop new strategic partnerships to extend and deepen LeverEdge's position in the student loan and refinance loan negotiation products. You will have P&L responsibility for these products and will have broad autonomy in shaping the future of these products including pricing, segmentation and marketing strategies. The ideal candidate for this role has experience building and maintaining professional relationships especially in remote work situations.
This role will be reporting directly to the CEO. Excellent performance provides the opportunity for promotion into the Head of Products role.
- P&L responsibility for existing products
- Top-line and bottom-line growth for existing products
- Transfer partnership and lender relationships from founders to self
- Maintain existing relationships and develop new strategic relationships
- Build a competitive moat for existing products
- Develop and execute pricing, segmentation and marketing strategies
- A bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in a business development role
- Demonstrated interest in helping student communities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Startup mentality - Resourceful, Team player and able to handle a face paced environment
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.