VP of Business Development - Growth / New Products (Closed)
LeverEdge is building a values-driven, student-first team. Alongside our mission to increase access to and reduce the financial burden of higher education, LeverEdge believes in providing passionate and qualified employees with career-defining opportunities to create an impact in the student community.
Specifically, we are looking for a VP of Business Development to create negotiation groups for new categories beyond student loans (for example: auto loans, health insurance etc.). You will complete market research to establish viability for a proposed negotiation group. You will develop marketing partnerships and execute on other low cost customer acquisition strategies to build a test group. You will leverage the test group to develop relationships with suppliers, co-develop a negotiation product and run a competitive selection process. The ideal candidate for this role has experience with business development and managing the demands of several parties.
This role will be reporting directly to the CEO. Excellent performance provides the opportunity for promotion into the Head of Products role.
- Test and develop new negotiation group categories
- Develop marketing partnerships and other low-cost acquisition strategies
- Develop and maintain supply side relationships
- Complete test and forecast viability and profitability of negotiation groups
- A bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in a business development role
- 2+ years of experience in managing conflict / multi party negotiations
- Demonstrated interest in helping student communities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Startup mentality - Resourceful, Team player and able to handle a face paced environment
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.