Summer Intern - Product Development (Closed)
This position has been filled.
LeverEdge is building a values-driven, student-first team. Alongside our mission to increase access to and reduce the financial burden of higher education, LeverEdge believes in providing passionate and qualified employees with career-defining opportunities to create an impact in the student community.
This post is for an unpaid summer internship. The start date and end date are flexible.
Between May and August 2018, Chris and Nikhil (founders of LeverEdge) changed the graduate student loan industry forever. By creating the first ever negotiation group and driving competition, 400 students saved over $3.3M and setup the foundation for all future graduate students to access loans at competitive rates. We are looking for a self-motivated intern who wants to make a similar impact on the student health insurance industry.
Currently, students over-pay for Health Insurance as a part of their school related expenses. We will guide the intern to transform this market into a competitive market by creating a negotiation group. The general idea is that students or universities will join the negotiation group. This will entice health insurance providers to compete in the auction to become the health insurance provider for the group. The end result is a competitive health insurance offer for students.
The intern will work closely with Nikhil and Chris as they pursue bringing about change in this industry. He/She will have broad autonomy to experiment and try to develop the product. The intern will be able to access resources available to LeverEdge through the Harvard I-Lab VIP program including help from the Harvard Law School Transactional Law Clinic, staff advisers, entrepreneurs in residence etc.
This role will be reporting directly to the CEO.
- Complete market research to understand the viability, market size and profitability of a health insurance negotiation group
- Develop relationships with Health Insurance providers and gauge their appetite to offer volume discounts.
- Speak with universities to understand their interest in allowing LeverEdge to run an auction for a health insurance provider.
- Determine if partnerships with universities or directly with students is a better way to get negotiating leverage.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated interest in helping student communities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Startup mentality - Resourceful, Team player and able to handle a face paced environment
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Let us know why you are passionable about helping student communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.